Welcome to the Office of Ombuds Services & Gender Equity
Statement of Purpose
The University Ombuds Officer is an informal, independent, impartial and confidential resource for students, faculty, staff or others seeking to address University-related problems, complaints or concerns.
The primary goals of the Ombuds Office are to help identify underlying causes of problems, facilitate fair and respectful interactions, establish problem-solving options and foster informal resolutions.
The Ombuds Officer works collaboratively with campus constituencies to help resolve issues.
The Ombuds Officer provides information and guidance on rights and responsibilities, and CSUSB regulations and procedures. The Ombuds Officer receives inquiries and concerns and can:
- Facilitate communication
- Clarify options
- Gather information not easily accessible
- Intervene and coordinate between multiple entities
- Refer individuals to other services, resources or formal complaint processes
- Find constructive ways to raise issues
- Recommend improvements to policies and procedures
- Mediate disputes
The Ombuds Office may also provide these additional services:
- Training and workshops
- Organizational development, consultations and interventions